Laser Range Finder with Flagseeker VPRO500
ACCURACY - 90%
RANGE - 89%
FEATURES - 90%
EASE OF USE - 89%
This device offers accurate readings in yards and meters, is so user friendly that even a child can operate it. Just watch out if you are in the rain.
Are you on the lookout for the best golf range finder that your money can buy? Before getting addicted to one, it would probably be a good idea to find out what you are getting yourself into. Take the TecTecTec Flagseeker VPRO500 for instance.
This device offers accurate readings in yards and meters, is so user friendly that even a child can operate it (do NOT test by giving it to your kid!) and is light enough to be carried anywhere you wish. It’s considered to be a cheaper alternative to the more expensive models that are currently available in the market and is considered more functional as well.
The VPRO0500 is made from sturdy materials which are as sleek and attractive to look at as they are durable. The device comes with an extra focus dial for extra clarity and to ensure high res imagery for the viewer. This includes sharp lenses, image clarity regardless of conditions and a quality monocular that enhances said images into crystal clear images for the anxious golfer.
Here are some other features that make this range finder a preference for most golfers:
This rangefinder has 3 modes going for it which are designed specifically to target that tiny flag flapping mockingly in the distance. The first is the First Target Priority mode which allows golfers to hit the flag stick regardless of the backdrop. The second is the Distance Target Priority Mode which as the name implies, helps users figure out how far away their target is from them. The third and last one is the ProScan mode which is used to figure out the distance of objects other than the flag.
These modes basically allow users to refine their game and performance and make more accurate assumptions on each shot.
Ok so the rangefinder is not completely water proof, but it is rain resistant. The battery pack is enclosed securely to keep moisture away which allows the batteries inside to remain corrosion free.
High Quality Optics
The range finder boasts 6x magnification and offers accurate readings for 1 yard. It also features a high quality optical system, digital circuitry, intuitive operations along with multi coated optics. These features are a tad bit more impressive compared to other models that are in the market and with a lower price tag, it is still preferred more.
Strong and Sturdy
The TecTecTec Flagseeker VPRO500 Rangefinder is as strong as it is sturdy. It weighs a mere 7 ounces and the compact design allows it to be held in one hand and easy storage. Even though it is made of a rough material, it is not bad to look at and it also comes with its very own padded cushion that protects it from impact. The gloss surface also prevents dust and debris from accumulating on the device and making it too grungy to see through.
Accurate Target Acquisition
Unlike other rangefinders, this one is capable of catching signals from large objects that are behind a flag to ensure accurate readings regardless of background conditions.
The TecTecTec Flagseeker VPRO500 actually has a flag seeking mode along with a long measurement range that spans from 5 to 540 yards. It also includes a Slop mode and Scan mode to ensure pinpoint accuracy when measuring yards.
The Slope mode comes with PinSlope Technology provides the golfer the slope adjusted distance for downhill and uphill and the tech involved ensures that the user can select the right club and hit the ball at the exact trajectory needed. The FlagSeeker mode helps the user judge the distance between overlapping objects while the Target Priority mode shows the distance of the nearest object. The Scan mode will help you see the distance of hazards.
The modes will prove quite useful when you are trying to figure out distance on a green with trees in the background.
These were just features that you can read anywhere. As much as the VR0500 is loved for its features, some users have reported some downsides that seriously impeded its performance. Here are some of them:
The rangefinder has a range (no pun intended) of pros that make it quite popular with new and veteran golfers who are on a budget. Here are some of them:
- The TecTecTec Flagseeker VPRO500 boasts state of the art technology that disregard surrounding objects to ensure the device can give accurate readings. This is why it can be used accurately to depict the distance between flags/targets from the golfer regardless of weather conditions.
- It allows measurements in yards as well as meters
- It’s lightweight and offers estimates up to 540 yards.
- The advanced monocular on the range finder can be used as is and provide immediate read outs.
- Can be operated via a single button
- Adjustments can be made to the controls for maximum accuracy.
- Has an auto shut off.
- Even though the lens should be cleaned by a special lens cleaner, doing so isn’t difficult at all and it will ensure that the device lasts for a long time. All you have to do is take a soft cloth, dab some of the cleaning solution on it and wipe away. You won’t have to do this as often if you store your range finder properly in its little pack.
- Since it weighs just a couple of ounces at most, it is quite easy to carry around and store. So yeah you won’t have to hire another caddy to handle the extra piece of equipment. It also comes with straps so you can attach it to a bag or suspend it from your shoulders when you are walking on the green. That’s better than carrying it around in your hand. Even though I doubt it will shatter on impact, it can get damaged irreparably from the inside.
Ok, so I lied. The VR0500 does not have many downsides to speak of which makes it one of the hottest rangefinders on the market. Here is one that I was able to see:
- The TecTecTec Flagseeker VPRO500 is not completely safe from the elements. Even though it has a lot of amazing features going for it, they aren’t 100% safe from rain since the coating is not completely water proof. So it would not be a good idea to take it out when it starts drizzling. Your game would be ruined anyway so might as well pack it in and call it a day.
In a Nutshell
Keeping the pros and con in mind, the VR0500 is sounding out to be a pretty great purchase wouldn’t you agree? Add the fact that it can provide accurate readings in yards as well as meters and we have a pretty great range finder in our hands.
The full package comes with a durable travel storage bag, a strap so you don’t let it slip out of your grasp in excitement, a free battery along with a 30 days money back guarantee. It is equipped with the latest circuitry design and can be used as a monocular. Most suppliers also offer a complete 1 year warranty in case it does not meet your requirements or you get a defect. The improved shot selection will help you bring your A game to each round and ensure your score remains down.
This is pretty much what makes it a great purchase and the fact that it can still do so with annoying background objects makes it one of the best out there.
Did I mention that it comes with a FREE battery? Not only that, if you take care of your device properly and keep it maintained, then you can ensure that it remains functional for 12 months at a stretch without needing to be replaced.
Do not place larger than life batteries in the rangefinder even if they manage to fit! That will only damage your TecTecTec Flagseeker VPRO500 and it might also need to be replaced. Even though it’s not as expensive as other rangefinders, buying it again so soon after you purchased your first one will make your heart break. Trust me, I tried and it was not pretty.